the cure for baby hunger.

4.13.2012

Perhaps it's because we crave the next step in life. When I was in the 5th grade, I craved my very own locker. When I was of age to have a locker, I wanted to date. After I graduated, I started pinning wedding ideas. Now that I'm married, I crave a tiny family.

Today, I read this & it's nice to feel that we're all facing the same longing for tiny fingers in our tiny apartments.

On Wednesday evening, I had the duty of putting Ren to bed. She's is our close friend's 3 year old girl. We read There's a Wocket in My Pocket & she brushed her teeth with her my little pony toothpaste. She held my hand & took me upstairs. It felt like she was going to tuck me into bed. We both laid down & she requested singing. Being a semi-tone deaf person, this would make me uncomfortable in nearly any other setting. I started singing through all of the primary songs I could remember. She sang along & helped me with the words I have forgotten due the years I've spent out of singing time.

For now, I'm going to enjoy just the two of us. We are going to make middle of the night ice cream runs & sleep too much. We're going to avoid doing the dishes & make love often. We're going to host a dessert night (mostly because that's on my to-do list) & travel. We're going to be poor. I'm going to put my craving for babies aside & solely enjoy my super cool husband.

7 comments :

  1. I get that too, and I don't even have a husband or a boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love this post.

    i was the exact same way for the first few months of marriage. and then it hit me (mostly because my husband wasn't budging on the baby idea) and i thought... all i want to do is embrace the time i have with him.

    i'm good waiting 3, 4, or even 5 years now.

    you'll never get this time back with him!

    cherish those ice cream runs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just do it! (Have a baby that is.) Maybe you're trying and just have to wait, I don't know. But if you want to go for it, just go for it! That "she's too young" and "better wait til you finish school and have money" that people are all telling us these days is such a bunch of garbage. Go for it. (If you are trying but are playing the seemingly eternal waiting game, I'm sorry. That is the WORST. It is so hard to wait once you decide it's right to go for it. If that's the case, good work enjoying your awesome life now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post. Thanks for linking mine up. I am so glad to know I am not alone in these feelings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I love it!!! Seriously. Love your writing.
    xoxo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |