it's a peep show to the peep show.

4.19.2012

Cupcakes, what a fad. A fad I absolutely adore. Sure, it's a peep show to the cake industry & I prefer it that way. Mini cupcakes are my current favorite. This is my newest favorite.

The cake is from a box because it's still finals week. Betty Crocker's very triple chocolate fudge does the trick for me. With my newest favorite buttercream : oreo. It's to die for, really.

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Stay away from imitation vanilla.)
3 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream (I vote heavy cream.)
4 cups powdered sugar
16 Oreos, finely crushed (Take advantage of your blender.)

In a large bowl cream butter, vanilla and milk. Slowly add in powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. Mix in crushed oreos until well combined. Frost, frost, frost. (I used Wilton's 1M tip.)

1 comment :

  1. Yum! I'm so trying this! It'd also be really cute with a mini oreo on top.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |