Saving the world, one nail polish post at a time.

8.08.2012

Instead of addressing the topics of politics interlaced with my chicken sandwich & cookies, I'm going to talk about Essie. Inspiring, I know.

I will forever love China Glaze, however, Essie has been releasing colors that China Glaze doesn't offer. Perfect creams & the right green.

Ch, ch, check it out. (I need a nap. So badly.)
I don't do shimmers & I rarely like glitter but I am definitely on board with Essie's new metallic line. The left is Good as Gold & the right is Penny Talk. I was semi-worried about how it would apply but you can get away with 1 coat.
Ah, perfect creams. On the left, St. Lucia Lilac & on the right, Borrowed & Blue. I prefer the blue but both fantastic. Essie applies too gooey for my liking, especially these. If you aren't patience, they will bubble. So, sit for 6 hours.
E-nuf is E-nuf (well, that's stupid), Fear or Desire, & Mojito Madness. All equally great. That orange is more in-your-face than it shows in the photo. All three of these fall under the "sorbet" lacquer family. (Welcome to the beauty blog where you IC drops with every word & polish.) The green is my favorite.
No Chips Ahead top coat. Bleh. I won't buy this product again. It's too thin & made my polish bubble.

Do you feel enlightened? Good. Me too.

11 comments :

  1. Essie hands down has the best colors. Im glad you're semi converting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these colors. If I wasn't so cheap, I'd be all over that green, lilac, anf penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do love china glaze as well. i have been converting towards it and away from my O.P.I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unlike others, I definitely enjoy nail polish posts. they are highly enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the borrowed and blue! looks like the perfect combination of simple, cute and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried essie's matte about you? I'm wondering if that creates the matte effect it advertises

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. I prefer high gloss.

      Delete
    2. the matte top coat is crap. don't buy it.. it's really hard to get on evenly and doesnt stay on well...

      Delete
  7. Have you tried OPI? I like their brushes a lot more. They are wider and more precise.

    Also, you should check out Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I've tried all the top coats, and this stuff it the real deal. It's like putting a layer of shiny plastic over your nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you said something about the Seche Vite top coat. I've been wanting to try it.

      Delete
    2. My Aunt has done nails like crazy forever and while visiting her last thanksgiving she told be about the Seche Vite top coat, seriously it is worth every dollar you spend on it! It dries so quick. THE BEST by far. (I use it for a base coat as well and i think it helps the polish last longer.)

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |