we are lying to you.

10.18.2012

People, I'm in a weird phase. Pre-married life is fun for other people to observe. A blog oozing with whimsical stories & wedding plans. Newlywed blogs are a dime a dozen. We share our recipes, our outfits, our opinions on having babies, or not having babies, our husband, our evening crafts with the girls, our clean, & our decorated house.

But the truth about me is,

I don't cook. I only bake on Sundays. Clothes are too expensive. We don't have any cute babies. I only make crafts when I have hobby lobby coupons & the only room in our house that is decorated is our living room.

So,

if i tried being honest & became my old blogging self, every post would be inappropriate- because that is what marriage is. Really inappropriate for other people to observe. Someday, I'm going to start an honest newlywed blog. I'll probably write a post about how being naked isn't weird anymore- which is weird & a post on how fun fighting can be. I'm going to write about the rules couples follow to stay happy & sane. I'll tell you that getting married young is hard but worth it.

Until then,

I'll keep blogging the same things that every newlywed posts about because we like to keep things appropriate.

14 comments :

  1. I also have a newly wed type blog and I feel the same way---so many things I want to say, but feel like I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait! I love your unfiltered honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see this blog. Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BORING.....I look forward to the honesty blog. There should be more of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honesty gets you most far. Or at least that's what I believe :) I'm not married, I definitely don't have babies, I never craft and I don't even have a house because I still live with my parents while I'm in college. I could not tell inappropriate stories about those things :( I can wear inappropriate clothes though... But I like my following a bit too much for that, haha ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think maybe it makes it more weird if I comment on this since I only met you in real life less than a day ago, but maybe not. I would just like to say, amen. Newlywed blogs would be so many times more entertaining if they were about actual life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say to heck with appropriate... I love when other newlyweds will tell it like it is so we all just feel normal. Let's bust out of the picture-perfect newlywed blog, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. dearest Meg.
    stop being appropriate and take a huge big girl leap into the world of the inappropriate.
    Welcome!
    besides, we all like real rather than just plain old boring plain jane mom and dad kind of safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being married is just plain awkward:) I only do crafts if they are bought and pre-planned for me and I cook because I'm a fatty and eat seconds everyday. Live your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bring it. I want to hear about all of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to hear the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be yourself. If that means 'inappropriate' than be inappropriate. Every one is so fake, and puts a so many different faces. You may get some crap for it, but who cares. Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |