someday i'll find a new hobby, like knitting or reading.

1.04.2013

As I said in my last post, my focus has been on researching & accumulating cosmetics. I'm a person full of substance with deep hobbies, obviously.

Yeah, yeah, it's stupid but I like it. It's a slippery, expensive, particularly glittery slope. Good thing, my adult life starts on Monday. Until then, here are some of my favorites.

1. Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller. $12. Girlfriend was blessed with raccoon eyes 100% of the time. Bad draw from the gene pool. Most concealers are aren't pigmented enough to cover my dark circles or crease because the formula is too thick. This formula is splendid. I purchased the tinted version & it works like a charm. I do advise setting it with a loose powder though.

2. Revlon ColorStay. $12. This is the best liquid foundation, ever. It offers a full coverage & you have to work quickly because it sets in no time. I am a particularly oily faced person & the combination to oily skin foundation leaves me matte all day. I've used higher end foundations & I still prefer ColorStay.

3. Deep Throat by Nars. $28. Santa left this goodie in my stocking this year & it's fantastic.  It is so velvety. The pigment in this blush is ridiculous. I doubt I will ever hit pan with this product. It gives my skin such a lovely natural glow.

4. Clarisonic Mia 2. $150. You know when you put something really far-fetched on your Christmas list like a puppy or a trip to the moon- the Clarisonic was the never-going-to-happy puppy on my list this year. McKay is magic & guess who has a Clarisonic now? This girl. I've been having some serious skin issues for over a year & I've tried a crap load of different products to cure this disaster. Good news people, this wand is working. The families of zits are leaving the country & my pores are shrinking. It's really quite fantastic.

5. Elf Liquid Eyeliner. $1. One dollar for the best liquid liner.  It's a dollar! That's amazing. I know some of you have asked how I do my winged liner (shown there >) & this is the product I use. It's a felt tipped liner which is really easy to work with. It can be streaky at times but hey, do another layer. It's cheap.

6. Mauve It Over by Revlon. $7. I do love a bold lip but this is my favorite nude for my skin tone. You could mistake it for Velvet Teddy from Mac. It is a tad bit drying because it is a matte shade but if you prime your lips with a moisturizing balm, you should be good to go.

7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. $4. If you like a matte finish & you are a little bit like a grease ball, you will love this powder. I stay matte all day even on my T zone.

8. Bourjois Paris Bronzing Powder. $12. I don't like glittery or sheen finish bronzers so this Bourjois bronzer from ASOS is a favorite. It's not too orange or muddy. It gives a nice sunkissed glow which I am in serious need of.

9. NYX Liquid Crystal Liner. $5. On fancy days, I like lining my liner with glitter. (d, d, d, diva.) NYX glitter liner is loud & that's the way a like it. I particularly love the gold & the cost. The glitter isn't as opaque as I would like but a few coats will do the trick.

What are your beauty favorites?

9 comments :

  1. where do you find this magical, blessed one dollar eyeliner??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think makeup and beauty things are a good hobby.
    then people like you can teach me, the girl that only owns mascara. haha.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have raccoon genes haha, I'm definitely going to have to try out the Garnier roll-on. Cheaper than spunking money up the wall on industrial strength concealers ;D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have this same "hobby". I found Elf liquid liner about two years ago, and have never gone back. It's waaay better than any other $8 brand I've tried. Elf is pretty crappy for anything else though, although I do use their brow liner. And I'm also all for the Revlon lipsticks. They're superb for the price. I also love MAC pressed powder. It's a pricy $30, but it usually lasts me close to 5 or 6 months, so I consider it worth it. For a stick liner, I suggest Mary Kay. 'Tis great in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with your blog, but also it seems that your skin is just like mine, so thanks for these tips. I will try some of these products out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went home for Christmas & my Mom noticed the dark circles under my eyes from little sleep, so she gave me that anti-dark circle roller & I love it! She gave me the gel one too that reduces puffy eyes, but I have yet to use it.

    I'm going to try that nude lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the mia really shrink your pores? I've been lusting over it for a while, but I've been putting off buying it since pore size is the main thing I want to fix.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |