february five : good reads

2.04.2013

(for the month of february, being the month of love, i am going to be doing snippets of things i adore from all bits of my life.)


I don't read books very often, even though I would really like to, but I do read a massive amount of blogs. All sorts of blogs- cooking, mommy, single, newlywed, anonymous. I also like to keep my blog somewhat credible & honest to my own opinion, which is the reason I don't offer sponsorship or do guest posting. I don't ever want to make others feel like they have to read my blog & I assume that if you are reading my blog- you are here for my words, not others. Doesn't that sound like vanity? I do see the upside to the marketing jive that is happening everywhere (& I would like to think that it's not for more followers) but for the healthy spread of other really lovely blogs.

with that said & not a bit of marketing intention, these are my very favorite blogs:

one : eat my scabs. I will give a disclaimer, if you are a young reader, this probably isn't a blog for you. Most of you know that I am an aspiring sex therapist. Not because I have had an traumatic experience but only because I know that sex weighs so heavily on a person's emotions. Eat My Scabs is an anonymous person who calls herself April. She writes her experience of being married to a sex addict & the infidelity that comes along with it. It is so raw with emotion. I haven't ever read a blog from the beginning to end until her's. She is a phenomenal human & her story is inspiring.

two : all the belles & whistles. Claire is an artist married to a boy with great facial hair. She is the right amount of cute & honest. Her blog will always be a breath of fresh air.

three : thriller with a "sch." Oh, how I wish she posted more often but every time this girl posts I laugh for days. I have been following her love story with "Neck" since the beginning. Another blooming love story with appropriate comic relief.

four : he and i. The likelihood of you already being attached to Lex & her family is rather high because she is too great not to blog stalk. She is just a lovely person, inside & out. Reading her blogs motivates me to be kinder.

five : word vomit. we're twins but she is funnier, so enjoy.

8 comments :

  1. You are too sweet. Next time you run by my house come stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanks so much for the suggestions! I found some great reads today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like seeing what blogs other bloggers like to read :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg, thanks for the recent blog comment :) Love book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a new blogger in the blog world, it's always great to find amazing reads. Thanks for sharing, Meg.

    PS. You and your husband are beautiful, and I love the simplicity of your blog.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. But really, Thriller with a "Sch" is so dang funny. I read and re-read her posts over and over. I would love her to post more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello to Meg from Thriller with a Sch! :) I logged on to blog tonight and found this nice surprise. I am incredibly flattered to get the shout out - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You called me a phenomenal human! That really is the kindest compliment. And now I want to tell you something. What you have done here caused an influx of emails to my inbox--women with all kinds of stories. Many of them reaching out for the first time. I hope you know how helpful you've been.

    Thanks Meg!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |