it's a thursday.

2.14.2013

Thursday is generally my favorite day. It's the only day during the week we don't have commitments.We stayed in bed until one. McKay slept and I just snuggled him a bit closer. Instead of flowers, McKay wrote me a letter & we bought a baby cactus. I appreciate lazy days and marriage. Some have the preconceived notion that marriage is smothering and inflexible. Maybe I even thought that once. Good thing it's simpler than that. Two people, who have a whole lot of love for each other, promise to work at that love to last forever. It's a happy thing.

6 comments :

  1. k can you please just adopt me and let me live with you guys?
    that would be creepy, but the point i'm trying to make is that you are far too cute.

    p.s. you can still adopt me if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i am so jealous. not sure the last time i even slept in and stayed in bed until 10am, let alone during a school week. ahhh. not even on a sick day. jealous, so so jealous.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Lazy days are my favorite as well. Simple is really how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is beautiful. Period. And because I've been firehosed down with hormones since giving birth (Surprise! She came early!), I'm crying as I look at it. I love love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written! I completely concur. You're day sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me but I stumbled on your blog and really like it. My all time favorite days are the ones when my husband and I stay in bed til 1:00. Or even 1:30. Some call it a waste of a day, but I sure don't :) Sound like you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |