lemon velvet pie.

4.01.2013


spring & summer make me want to bake. i turn on regina spektor, put my apron on & bake the days away. this is my current favorite.

lemon velvet pie.
credit to life as a lofthouse

crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup melted butter

filling: 
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 cans (14 oz. cans) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

preheat over to 375 degrees,

for the crust: combine all ingredients & press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. (I used a 9x13 baking dish because I misplaced the bottom of my springform pan & it worked just fine.) Also a 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate would do the trick.

in a small bowl mix together the gelatin & cold water. let stand for 5 minutes. heat in microwave for 14 seconds. set aside.

for the filling: in a large bowl combine egg yolks & sweetened condensed milk. with an electric mixer, beat on high for 2 to 3 minutes until well combined. Beat in gelatin, whipping cream, and salt on low speed. Add lemon juice & beat on low for 30 seconds. pour into prepared crust.

bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until center of the pie looks set when gently shaken. cool for 1 hour. cover loosely & refrigerate for atleast 2 hours or more before serving.

for topping: place the heavy cream in a chilled mixing bowl. whip until the whisk begins to leave tracks in the bowl. add sugar & vanilla. whip until cream holds medium peaks. pipe onto your pie & add some lemon zest if it tickles your fancy.

enjoy.

the texture is dreamy & the taste is tangy yet so sweet. try it. it's fantastic.

8 comments :

  1. Mmm this looks amazing!! Its funny, I think I tend to bake more in winter.. its so good to have some cake or dessert while snuggled up by the fire!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the most beautiful dessert i've ever seen. and it sounds delicious! my mouth is watering, so i'm going to go make this, bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lemons = my favorite. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been so excited for this post since I saw your insta post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seriously looks divine. Imma have to try me some of that. Like... five minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you thank you for posting this recipe. Lemon.4.lyfe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this makes me want to give up insanity and eat lemon velvet pie for breakfast every single day.

    it's whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |