FINALLY.

5.16.2013

This post will lack fancy photos because we ate them all so quickly.

Because I am lacking real person hobbies, I am been searching for my chocolate chip cookie mate. I made these a few weeks ago. They were nearly perfect but they were too rich- too buttery (that shouldn't be a thing.)- something was tipping the scales for me. I like my cookies fluffy, sweet- but not too sweat, & the kind that you can eat a million of. I get that my priorities aren't straight & my taste pallet is about as advanced as a fourth graders but whatever.

I found my match.

I guess I will share it with you people.

my chocolate chip cookie mate.
adapted from this recipe.

ingrediants:
2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 + 1/2 stick salted butter, melted & cooled (Completely cooled, people!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (none of that imitation crap.)
chocolate chips, whatever kind you would like, as many as you would like.

to do:
preheat over to 325 degrees F & melt butter, set aside to cool.

mix the flour & baking soda in a bowl & set aside. in another bowl, mix the  cooled butter & sugars until they are combined. Add egg yolk, egg, & vanilla. Mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.

roll tall tablespoon balls & place on your cookie sheet. bake for 8 to 11 minutes. Edges will be golden brown but the middle will be soft & puffy. Do not, do not, do not over bake.

You can let them cool- or you can eat them right away. they are even better the next day.

you're welcome.

5 comments :

  1. Have you ever tried a chocolate chip cookie recipe with corn starch in them? It makes a world of difference, I think. It makes them soft and fluffy and plain delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make one very, very similar to this! (if not almost the exact same :) SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. Best cookie recipe ever! My family is dying over them and that is saying something because every time I make cookies they turn out hideous and crunchy! This is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check this blog out! (But mostly her cookie recipe is amazing)

    http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I just made these. best chocolate chip cookies ever.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |