may 1 : life briefing.

5.01.2013

i'm doing this thing. maybe i'll start dating my blog again, instead of treating it like a booty call.

in utah, i was born in the 1990's. raised with big bangs, a party-planning mom & a sweet dad.

six years later, my parents did it again & made my brother. we don't look anything alike but i love him just the same.

three years later, i was 9. my parents split.

mom didn't adjust well after the divorce. i remember a lot of alcohol, suicide attempts, & sadness.

she went to wisconsin to live with her mom. she wanted heal to become a better person and mother.

i was happy living with my dad & brother but dad started dating & that was weird.

when i was 11, dad got remarried in april. his wife & i don't get along.

on the other side of the country, mom was sober, rediscovered God, & she sounded happy.

in july of that year, she died in a car accident. she was suppose to come home in 2 weeks.

i was mad, then sad, then livid, then ungrateful, then i decided to go to church & i felt better. i felt happy.

high school was awkward but i had good friends.

my senior year, i had a pen pal named mckay. he was living in scotland at the time. his letters made me laugh & i loved him from the very start.

i married him in 2012.

we work, go to school, & kiss a lot.

life is pretty awesome.

8 comments :

  1. you are amazing meg!
    it was good to see you, meet up soon!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is crazy.
    you are such a strong lady.
    thanks for sharing this.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing. I love this idea. I think I might just try it.

    Thank you for your honest feelings. I really admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you inspired me to do this same challenge. i feel like i havent been great at blogging lately so this is just what i needed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, Your mother loved you! Don't ever forget that. You and your brother were the lights in her life. She wasn't prefect, and she fought some hard demons; always, always though, she loved you. I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. love you. totally just did my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love visiting your blog girl! Glad you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |