things i learned in high school

7.09.2013

i've been out of high school for a few years. long enough that i can reflect on the weird things that happened, but not long enough that i'm forgetting those things.

so, here are some of the things i learned.

1. Don't wear high heels to school when you could wear sneakers.
2. If you are friends with people because you like their social status, you're being a brat & you should find real friends.
3. Listen to your parents.
4. Don't abuse your curfew.
5. If you enter a relationship with your cell phone, make sure it's a casual one.
6. If you enter a relationship with another person, make sure it's a casual one.
7. Kiss people. A few people. Not an entire flock but a few.
8. Make a couple bad decision so you know what it's like to learn things the hard way.
9. Be kind.
10. Be social. That doesn't mean you need to attend every football game. Learn to be socially aware.
11. Appreciate that the most expensive thing you need to purchase for school is your yearbook.
12. Get good grades.
13. Learn to save money & be semi-independent.
14. Skip assemblies. 
15. Always make sure you have an extra tampon in your backpack.
16. It's not a big deal if you don't get asked to [fill in the blank] dance.
17. Don't be dumb. Don't even pretend to be dumb.
18. Keep your dance photos. It's a hilarious memento.
19. Don't stop in the middle of the hallway between classes to chat; find a corner. you are the reason people start swearing, traffic jams & general frustration.
20. Don't stare.
21. Thank the bus driver.
22. Sleep in on Saturday's but don't be late to school.
23. Learn to drive stick shift.
24. Driving into the parking lot with your bass blaring won't always be cool.

8 comments :

  1. I love this post, how fun to look back and see what you learned then...it was so long ago for me, I'll have to see if I can remember...hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Isn't it funny to see what has changed? Things I would never consider doing now, but weren't necessarily bad, I was all over in high school.

    lovinleelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I love your blog, I just stumbled across it. What sound advice. I had an extra tampon in my backpack all through high school. It never let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing how to drive stick shift is something I am very proud of especially now that I live someplace not many people know how.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks I needed these tips going in to High School and being as scared as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good to know saying I will be going in to high school this year and I am so scared I could possibly have a melt down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA i love this so much oh my gosh.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |