sugar & carbs, two of my favorite things.

9.11.2013

Zucchini bread is awesome, especially paired with an obscene amount of butter. This recipe is foolproof & delicious.

yield 2 loaves & original recipe found here.

ingredients
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (I used 2 full zucchinis)
(you can add one cup of chopped walnuts if you are gross.)

method
+ grease & flour two 8x4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 F.
+ mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon together in a bowl. set aside.
+ in a stand mixer, beat eggs, oil, vanilla & sugar together. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture gradually. Beat well. Stir in grated zucchini.
+ bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. cool in loaf pans for 20 minutes, remove bread & cool completely.

5 comments :

  1. Zucchini makes it healthy though right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm!:) isn't it crazy how much you feel like you know someone list from following their blog and social media pages? After reading your post about putting out laundry The next morning I was thinking about how I was so glad that you had McKay. I've never met you, but I'm so glad you have your own little eternal family:)
    Also, remember how you were saying a long time ago you wanted a dog? I commented and said, no you don't they smell? Ha ha. Well my family got the cutest littlest Maltese this week! It is really fun! You'll have to get one eventually:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm!:) isn't it crazy how much you feel like you know someone list from following their blog and social media pages? After reading your post about putting out laundry The next morning I was thinking about how I was so glad that you had McKay. I've never met you, but I'm so glad you have your own little eternal family:)
    Also, remember how you were saying a long time ago you wanted a dog? I commented and said, no you don't they smell? Ha ha. Well my family got the cutest littlest Maltese this week! It is really fun! You'll have to get one eventually:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. or you can add 1 cup of chocolate chips if you know what's good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |