stream of something, probably consciousness.

11.19.2013

I put up our Christmas decorations. JUDGE ME. I also crept into Lexi's house while she was at work & put up her Christmas tree because I am a Christmas pusher. That happens when we are friends & I have a key to your house. Judge me, again.

There is a fine line between tired & mega-exhaustion- I'm there, just hanging out in limbo. I also made the bad choice of taking pre-workout which is just a fancy name for an unhealthy dose of caffeine. Needless to say, I'm feeling like a maniac. (Maaaniac. Cue music.)

So, I am applying for a program in school that I haven't told you about. It's not what my last mentioned major was- or the last ten for that matter. It's a nice feeling to know what the [insert profanity] you are doing with your life.

On that note, for those who feel stupid because your friends are graduating with their bachelors or you know- pre-med & you are sitting pretty with a sign that says, "I don't know what I'm doing with my life." It's fine. News flash, I haven't been in school for a year because I felt weird spending thousands of dollars on something I wasn't dedicated to. Education is cool. Also, important but go at your own speed. My super awesome & way more motivated than me, sister in law got her bachelors in 2 weeks (lies. 3 years.) but hey, i won't graduate with my bachelors until 2016. I graduated high school in 2011. If you are any good at math, that means I suck a little bit but whatever man. A bachelors is a bachelors, even if it takes you 11 years.

On a lighter note, there are a lot of handy things about having a husband. Such as, I ran out of deodorant last week. So instead of repelling all humans with natural odors, I've been smelling like Old Spice. Thanks, McKay for letting me share the same armpit bar.

Go get a husband. They share their deodorant & their sweet, sweet, love. (Put that on a Hallmark card.)

I'd like to move out of state someday & live in a tiny apartment with wood floors & exposed brick. Is that too much to ask for?

Christmas means Excel sheets & i love both. Sheets & sheets of everyone's wishlists. I play Santa & i love it.

This is irreverent (along with this whole post) but GUYS, did you see that Urban Decay is coming out with a Naked 3 palette? Gettin' it. I have a cosmetics problem. Maybe that will be a full, organized post sometime. Don't get your hopes up.

I turn 21 in a week. What? I feel so old. I'm going to Vegas next weekend in celebration, for reasons other than the obvious. I don't drink nor dance around naked (most of the time. Inapropes) but I am a person who loves the city- even a fake, glittery one like Vegas. Plus the shopping is bad & we're going with friends. It should be a party. (In bed by 11 PM kind of party.)

What else? It is sort of refreshing to send off all of these thoughts into the world.

My husband just said, "are you blogging?" in such surprise.

For those living at home, do you know what you are taking advantage of? Trash bags & laundry detergent. They are over-price, less fun, necessary household items that frankly I don't want to buy but apparently, are needed for a functioning house. Stupid. Also, add toilet paper to that list.

I'm taking a nap now. Or going to the gym. Or both. Napping at the gym. No- dreaming of exercise. Napping it is. Bye.

10 comments :

  1. What program are you applying for? I already changed my major, it's now Sociology. What am I going to do with that? Who knows. Hopefully it'll give me a few options though. I'm still taking spanish classes too, so hopefully that's practical. I'll be graduating in 2016 too, if all goes as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan! I partially feel like you should have at least some kind of opinion so I'm asking you. As an adult, I can no longer ask for fun things like a Barbie Dream House and my husband refuses to let me ask for a microwave, so, I want a tablet. Here's the tricky part. I want something touch screen that I can edit photos on AND type, but that doesn't cost about a million dollars (tall order, I know). Anyway, since you're great and such I figured you might have some ideas or at least be able to point me in the right direction!
    Yours truly,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Also, your decorating skills are out of this world. AND just so you know, I graduated in 2008 and I'm not graduating until next December, so you're good :) It's better not to waste the money like you said and figure out what you actually want to do! (At least ish haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. white stalkings - WIN!
    cutest tree on the lock - WIN!
    This post- LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your glittery reindeer! We graduated in the same year! My friends haven't taken a break and are still graduating the same time as you! Smart of you to take a break instead of wasting money. You really don't suck at all! Love old spice:) I'm still working on the husband thing ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't leave us hanging like this! What program are you applying for? Also, i'm glad i'm not the only one who has taken a break from school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post was hilarious! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post so much because I pretty much relate with everything you just wrote. Graduated hs in 2010 and just barely getting back to school. I'll be graduating in that 2016 range. Maybe. Fingers crossed. And trash bags gave me a good laugh because I just 'effin ran out of trash bags and I don't want to go buy more. It's literally just a bag to hold your trash that you then throw away. It just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha "christmas pusher" i love that. I AM TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this update on your life. ALL THE REASONS. <3

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |