HER NURSERY.

3.02.2015

I did not get pregnant just to have an opportunity to decorate a nursery but it's definitely a perk. Her little space in our home has been a work in progress for months but it finally feels finished. We live in an 1970's, just under 600 square foot duplex, complete with wooden doors & half windows. It's not aesthetically pleasing but we love it here.
Designing this room was a feat because not only is our 2nd bedroom teeny tiny (so-teeny-tiny that I needed to borrow Lexi's wide angle lens to make her room look like a room & not a closet,) it also doubles as our laundry room. I needed to create enough storage for her things, knowing she's without a closet, but also keep the room functional as a place we do our laundry. Apartment living, it's good fun.

Product breakdown:
+ mid century dresser : thrifted & refinished
+ mid century dresser hardware : brass bar pulls
+ rose gold baskets : home goods
+ wood diaper & wipe holder : target (I wasn't able to find it online but you can find it in store in the Nate Berkus office supply area.)
+ gold foil manti temple print : collectivity lane
+ grey & chartreuse dish : target clearance
+ geometric lamp : target, again. I believe this lamp was from Nate Berkus' (he is my favorite) summer line from last year. McKay gave it to me for Christmas, so it may be a tough one to find. It was originally black with a panel of gold but it felt too heavy in her room so I refinished it. Land of Nod makes a similar shape, if you can't part ways, here.
+ tufted chair : cute-as-a-button erin chair from world market. This chair was purchased a few years ago, but we moved it into the nursery when McKay surprised me with another chair I had fallen in love with for Christmas. It worked out rather nicely.
+ pompom, lumbar pillow : home goods
+ rabbit stuffed animal : finkelstein's center
+ white, book ledges : ikea
+ curtains : fabric from JoAnn's. Homemade with the much needed help from Bri.
+ poppy quilt : little unicorn
+ san francisco print : rifle paper co.
+ balloon animal print : kensie kate
+ be lovely print : homemade
+ frames : ikea
+ black & white, mini dot crib sheet : target
+ crib skirt & yarn tassels : homemade, supervised by the sewing wizard, bri. Fabric & yarn found at hobby lobby.

Come baby, come. We're waiting for you!

10 comments :

  1. I love it! You have an eye for design. (ever considered interior design?) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K I'm dying at the basket of moccasins!!!! This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Did you have a coupon or a code to get a discount on that blanket? I checked their website and cant bring myself to pay $50 for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had a 15% off coupon! The quality & size is wonderful though. I would have totally paid full price for it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely job, I still haven't finished the nursery. My excuse is he lives in our room so yeah. On point with the duvet, we have the woodland one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I love everything. Especially that poppy quilt. Also I'm very impressed that you outfitted the room in things from places other than ikea...sadly I think that would be my only place of shopping. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! i have been watching your blog like a hawk and last night i found your instagram!
    So happy for you and Mckay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just stumbled across your blog post of your nursery. I am DYING over your crib skirt! I love love love it! The one on my babe's crib looks so blah compare to that one! I have to know how you did it and if you can give me any pointers?! I want to tackle that DIY ASAP for my baby! Any help would be great! Thank you! (Or I might just pay you to make one if that is even at all possible?!!!)My email is addihewlett@gmail.com if you get a chance to respond! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |