E A S T E R

4.05.2015

I have a thing for holidays. My mother is probably to blame for that. She hosted the neighborhood halloween bash, coordinated a St. Patrick's day tea party & decorated for any (& every) holiday that could be decorated for.
With that said, no one should be surprised that my 3 week old baby was visited by the Easter bunny. Since I am the Easter bunny, I also implemented that McKay & I also should have baskets this year. (I included "this year" at the end of that statement to make you believe that this is the first year to make me sound less crazy but we have actually done baskets for each other every year in our marriage. I'm never too old for egg-shaped candy.)
Juniper was over-the-moon about her basket, despite her sleepy eyes. She loved it, I swear. Well, I loved it, particularly the burp clothes because my child thinks it's funny to puke everywhere all of the time. McKay filled my basket with Amy Poehler's book I've been itching to read & his was filled with boy things, like ammo.
We celebrated the commercialized Easter on Saturday so we could focus on the Savior on Easter Sunday. We stayed snuggled in bed watching General Conference which was extra sweet to have June here with us. It's hard not to be overwhelmed with love by our Heavenly Father when you have a fresh-from-heaven baby cooing at you all morning. I'm grateful for my little family & I'm especially grateful for the knowledge & peace I've received from the gospel.

4 comments :

  1. I think you're the cutest human/new mom/real live person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously ARE the cutest person alive! I love hearing all about your new adventures with June and seeing your posts on insta. "It's hard not to be overwhelmed with love by our Heavenly Father when you have a fresh-from-heaven baby cooing at you all morning." I felt so overwhelmed just reading that, hallelujah we can be thankful of the blessings and love we receive every day not just Easter Sunday.
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh, no. It's the Rockwell Accent Chair from Overstock!

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |